HOVERRACE.COM: fast - fun - free

HoverRace is an open-source 3D racing game.
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: My Vow Of Silence
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:15 pm
Posts: 42
Here it goes.. Until Vig/GMW/Geoff or whatever he wants to be called learns some real social skills and drops his attitude I vow to ignore any pathetic post he makes and concentrate on everyone else. These forums will die a death as they did a few months ago without any controversy. Unfortunately there isn't enough going on in the game to warrant chatting about it on this board so we resort to posting rubbish 24/7

..oh well..

Maybe Austin will bring back PHRA? :wink:
AND add in his new sport to it!

I <3 PHRA

-Phil

*edited a spelling error - I hate grammatical mistakes*


Last edited by Phil on Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:03 am
Posts: 183
nice one! throwing a bug bucket of water on flame wars (complaning bout him a little in this post tho :P)
still, i tihnk if we all do something like this, and avoid insulting people when we disaggress with them, these forums will be way more chilled out! (silent too.. but chilled!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:42 pm
Posts: 256
Location: WA, USA
Phil, you guys are becoming worse that GMW, honestly his constant getting attacked is some bullshit. your just as much oh a problem, as you think he is.

_________________
^i posted that
Check out my website


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:28 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:27 pm
Posts: 1072
Location: Stafford, England
Castro, do you know anything of Vigilante/Gothrey's past, or do you just like wetting peoples nuts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:09 am
Posts: 391
ya know i don't have a problem with phil. if you do pay attention geoff has always had a history of being in arguments. the only people i look at being a real problem for him is bap and skel. i haven't really noticed a history for phil as doing that as much. he did bring up an import point with the team thing which the problem was never solved according to some people. i'm happy he's at least willing to put his feelings aside and is willing to move on. thats a better way of handling a situation instead of holding a grudge and keep bickering. everyone is an important memeber of this community and sometimes people's differnt personalities just don't mix. that's really understandable if you think about it. phil you shoudl war with zooz n i sometime. it'll be something to do. we're always tied and it would be nice to have others join us for something more interesting o.O

_________________
i'm just your typical model citizin running for war lord ;)

-kit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:42 pm
Posts: 256
Location: WA, USA
yeh i know a little of gothreys past, and simply i do not care.
he was banned because of it, time has past and he seems more 'normal' now.
Im getting sick of the community flaming other people because of those peoples flames......everyone needs to take a step back and realize everyone is part of the problem.

what i sam saying is sure gothrey can be anoying and post a lot of shit....but its others people replies to him that bring up most of the arguments, hate, and contriversy

_________________
^i posted that
Check out my website


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:15 pm
Posts: 42
I'd rather not have my topic turned into an argument so I'll ignore most of the posts but Kitty - Yes Definitely I'll war with you guys - As long as you promise to play fetch too! hah.. I really enjoy the randomness of that game!

:D

-Phil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:39 pm 
Phil's saying he wants to stop arguments for the benefit of this Board, while insulting me. It's funny how he talks about my social skills over the internet. It's funnier how he's saying that I've got the attitude, when I hadn't said anything to him before he flamed me (take a long look back at recent posts, and you'll all see that I'm right). He also attempts to start a flame-war here by calling all of my posts pathetic, even though many of them have helped in some way or another.

Chozabu has a good idea with the avoiding insulting people even when we disagree with them. However, outright ignoring their posts is just as rude. Lately, I've just been making smaller comments, or no comments at all when it comes to BaPinney flaming me. I'm not necessarily ignoring all of his posts, but just the ones that are just flaming.

Castro has the best point here, because (again if you look at recent posts, you'll see that this is true), I've only started flaming in the past after people flamed me first.

Also, Austin, I don't think it's very helpful/appropriate for you to be insulting someone who's just trying to show people like you the truth about the situation.

kitty gal has most of this right so far, with my main problem people originally being BaPinney and Skelator. However, lately I don't really have anything against Skelator, and I just think BaPinney's being immature, and well... Boring.

I don't think I ever had an issue with Phil until he attacked me on my post concerning what would happen if the source code was made public. And, I think the only reason he attacked me was because of his belief in "internet social skills," where you're better off bashing someone you think is unpopular in order to gain status. Good job, Phil!

Phil wrote:
I'd rather not have my topic turned into an argument so I'll ignore most of the posts but Kitty - Yes Definitely I'll war with you guys - As long as you promise to play fetch too! hah.. I really enjoy the randomness of that game!

:D

-Phil


Phil, based on the whole point of your topic basically being to insult me, you obviously wanted this to turn into an argument, where I'd make a post like this, and you'd, "Ignore," me, thus proving that you've got better "social skills," on the internet. Also, you're, "ignoring," other people's posts who haven't flamed you, but have brought up good points that you can't counter-attack. Thus, you've resorted to your, "Ignoring."

If you plan on ignoring someone, why make a post about it? Why not just ignore them? It seems that the whole point of this, "ignoring," wasn't to stop the flame-wars, or even to show some maturity. It was meant to insult me, and to make yourself seem more mature.

Next time you plan on ignoring someone, just ignore them, please.


Last edited by Vigilante on Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:59 pm 
Offline
Source Developer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:15 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Atlanta, GA
Dammit, just shut the fuck up. This isn't getting you anywhere. Or anyone, for that matter.

_________________
<www.igglybob.com>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:02 pm 
Igglybob wrote:
Dammit, just shut the fuck up. This isn't getting you anywhere. Or anyone, for that matter.


Neither was Phil's original post, or this post by you.

It's funny how I just say STFU, and someone flips, but I'd bet that you'd get praised for saying it by Austin, or someone of a like mind.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Vow Of Silence
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:04 pm 
Offline
Source Developer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:15 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Atlanta, GA
Phil wrote:
Maybe Austin will bring back PHRA? :wink:
AND add in his new sport to it!

_________________
<www.igglybob.com>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Vow Of Silence
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:05 pm 
Igglybob wrote:
Phil wrote:
Maybe Austin will bring back PHRA? :wink:
AND add in his new sport to it!


Your point? That's the same as me going off and flaming someone, and then trying to change the subject all in the same post, thereby attempting to make myself look good.

EDIT:
To build on that, it'd be almost exactly like me saying...

Igglybob, your a fucking nutfucker with dual personalities who can't see the truth from Phil's rectal bleeding.

Maybe kitty gal might make membership to @ exclusive, and it will become a major contendor in HoverRace! ;)


Last edited by Vigilante on Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:25 pm
Posts: 175
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Phil's saying he wants to stop arguments for the benefit of this blah blah blah..."

I reviewed your essay, Vigilante, and I was not impressed. Your essay lacks a clearly defined thesis statement. What exactly are you trying to say?

Also, you could use more sentence variation. 5 out of 6 sentences start with a pronoun, and half of those start with I. You should avoid using "I" in a formal essay. Your usage of quotes is horrible as well. They should be embedded between your concrete details and your concrete commentary. In addition, all you offer is commentary--no details. As a result, your essay lacks any validity.

I am afraid I can't give any passing grade on this paper; you'll need to resubmit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:08 pm 
bapinney wrote:
"Phil's saying he wants to stop arguments for the benefit of this blah blah blah..."

I reviewed your essay, Vigilante, and I was not impressed. Your essay lacks a clearly defined thesis statement. What exactly are you trying to say?

Also, you could use more sentence variation. 5 out of 6 sentences start with a pronoun, and half of those start with I. You should avoid using "I" in a formal essay. Your usage of quotes is horrible as well. They should be embedded between your concrete details and your concrete commentary. In addition, all you offer is commentary--no details. As a result, your essay lacks any validity.

I am afraid I can't give any passing grade on this paper; you'll need to resubmit.


lol

Well, at least someone's trying to add a bit of humor here!

EDIT:
I had to quote you, just because I know how much you LOVE quotes... :p


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:25 pm
Posts: 175
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, and so does the rest of the community. You really are a people person aren't you?


Of course you aren't, but you'll likely respond with an essay that talks about your extraordinary people skills in real life or outside of hoverrace since no one here can validate that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group