HOVERRACE.COM: fast - fun - free

HoverRace is an open-source 3D racing game.
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:21 am 
Source Developer

I think my brain has exploded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:41 am 
Source Developer

Alright, I've pieced together enough of my brain to think rationally about this.

People liked Vigilante... I know I did. I honestly see no reason to ban him. What Gothrey did was a long time ago, and I really think we ought to leave it in the past. I've been saying that for like the past two years - maybe someone will listen now. As Vig, Gothrey has done a ton of stuff; he's volunteered to help with HCU (and that means a lot to me) and learn C++ so that he can help.

But of course, there's the issue that he wanted the HaP's IMR source. To me, that's no big deal. Of course, I haven't seen the real depth of the issue because all you guys have babbled about is "I'm right" and "No, I'm right!" As far as I can guess, Gothrey (am I supposed to call him Vigilante? I'm so confused...) wanted HaP's source so he could (a) mess with it, (b) run an IMR, or (c) masturbate to it? Don't know about (c), but the other two possibilities certainly don't seem harmful. And Skel, I don't see what the big problem was. He knew that you wouldn't give it to Gothrey, so he tried a fake alias.

I think it would be nice to see a new IMR run (regardless of who is running it); maybe it would be less laggy...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:08 am 

Iggly I don't really care what you think about it... Right now I have little or no reason to respect you either, apart from what I've heard about your HCU thing. Your bad attitude was what encourged me to pull the only working IMR down. As far as I'm concerned Gothrey or Iggly will not be allowed in my IMR... What Austin and Hap do is up to themselves. People keep talking about Gothreys past as if it were years ago but the fact is he deceptively tried to manipulate us into giving code (which people worked hard on) as recently as a few weeks ago. Not, only was that not a nice thing to do, it was more or less asking me to stab hap in the back after all haps good work.

Last edited by Skelator on Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:24 am 
Source Developer

Skelator wrote:
Right now I have little or no reason to respect you either apart from what I've heard about your HCU thing.

My mind tells me I really shouldn't be getting into an argument, but I don't think I understand what you mean. For years I've been trying to get things done - most notably HRTD (bit of a failure though) and HCU. I've always been here trying to cool off arguments and such. I could jump into a long list of reasons why I shouldn't respect you or something, but I'm not going to.

As far as I can see it, you're either overreacting or just insane. I don't think you even bothered to read my post, because you certainly didn't address what Gothrey could do with the IMR source that would be harmful.

Also, what about your past? Didn't you spend a lot of time hacking HR forums, spamming HR forums and whatnot? I seem to remember coming in here one day and seeing several hundreds of posts by you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but your past isn't all that bright either.

That being said, if you could explain the situation a bit more I and other folks too might appreciate it. I'm still not getting what Gothrey did wrong here; to me it appears he just wanted the source, and I am perfectly fine with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:28 am 

I dont care what Gothrey wanted to do with the IMR source, just that he tried to get it off me fraudulently. I think Iggly is knob because of his constant whining and the fact that he contradicts everything I say just to get up my ass.

As I've said, Hap and Austin are free to do whatever they want to do. I've made MY decision and that's all that matters to me. I don't have to explain that to anyone.

I've said all I have to say on this matter,...

Last edited by Skelator on Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:47 am 
There seems to be a lot of talk specifically about me wanting to "get the source'. Let me please clarify on this issue:

- I created the alias Vigilante specifically to be able to help with the HoverRace community/project, and not cause the sorts of arguements that are being caused at this very moment.

- I did want to get a copy of a lower-end version of HaP's IMR source because I wanted to learn how he did many of the commands he did, and add to them with other things that I know HaP has the brains to do, just not the time. I do have the time, and I even told HaP that I was going to send him any improvements I made. This was my only directive when talking to HaP about obtaining said source. In fact, he had talked about giving Skelator a modded-down source, and I would have been quite happy with the same, because I didn't, and don't plan on doing anything except help improve what we already have thanks to HaP.

- I don't believe I did it in a "fraudulent" manner, simply because, while being Vigilante, I was not "acting". I was being myself, just without letting people know about my past. And, as I've said many times before: Everything I said/promised to HaP, I meant.

Now, Skelator: I'd appreciate it if you explained something about Igglybob's "attitude" to me. As far as I've ever seen him talk to anyone on HoverRace, he's been nothing but nice, and helpful. The only even remotely harsh post I've ever seen him make was actually directed towards me, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:55 am 
Source Developer

Skelator wrote:
I think Iggly is knob because of his constant whining and the fact that he contradicts everything I say just to get up my ass.

That, sir, was not there a minute ago when I first saw that post.

I know you think I'm a bit annoying and complainanistic (that's a word now) because I'm always talking about things that should get done, and not actually doing them. I'm sorry if this comes off as me being 'knob' (not a term I'm familiar with, but I'm guessing it's not all that nice), but that is a problem of mine - constantly pointing out things that could be improved upon and not doing enough of the improving or complimenting myself. I've said it a couple times before - I'm sorry if I've unintentionally insulted you. Personally, I think your anger at me is directly from when you ran the temporary forums. Yes, I did act like a bit of an ass (these forums suck, etc., etc.). Later, I thought about it, and realized I wasn't the nicest person in the world. So, my apologies; and I'm not trying to get up your ass (though I do play devil's advocate a bit too much).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:06 am 

It's called an ammendment you dope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:06 am 

Igglybob wrote:
People liked Vigilante... I know I did. I honestly see no reason to ban him. What Gothrey did was a long time ago, and I really think we ought to leave it in the past.

Man, there's something I learned in my life... people change.... I don't give a fuck about what happened into the past... it's clearly to me Gothrey was a pain in the ass with such things he did... but who cares? We're here, talking in a game forum that no one plays, trying to prove how Gothrey is gay or something like that. What the fuck are you doing?

I'm not defending Got or Skel or Hap or Austin or someone here. I'm just think some of you are retards. That's all.

Gothrey, you really betrayed me on this "vigilante" thing... but once again, who cares? I don't care... stay on my friend list if you want. It's really good to see ya.

If someone here has a point about what I just said... go ahead... I don't care by the way =)

And sorry for my english.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:08 am 
Thanks ED, and I'm sorry, again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:27 am 

I want him to say. I'm sure I said a couple of months ago he is one of the few who we actually need to stay around here. People come, people go, but Gothrey always seems to be there. That's what we need.

Just stay. Don't rise to peoples insults of you. If you rise to it and insult them they'll have more ammunition to "get you banned" - if they can.

Anyway.

bye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:47 am 
Thanks a lot, Dan. I'm happy someone that didn't know me as Vigilante had something good to say.

Not only that, but thank you for pointing out to me something that I've been trying to do for a little while now.

Skelator almost had me going on again, but I stopped. I just hope I stopped soon enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:21 pm 

i'm sorry, but ya'll appear very childish fighting over the littlest things.

-kit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:20 am 

I think that too... Those guys are bozos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:07 am 
Skelator wrote:
I think that too... Those guys are bozos.

I think her post was referring specifically to the both of us, Skelator.

Although, calling, "those guys," bozos isn't really anything productive. Especially when most of them are the people who've made a big difference in HoverRace one way or another.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next