HOVERRACE.COM: fast - fun - free

HoverRace is an open-source 3D racing game.
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:21 pm 
Source Developer

Today Austin asked me to move the 'Issues' topic to trash or to handle it one way or another, so I did.

I opened up the "Trash Talk" forum again so everyone can have a place to flame. However, this doesn't mean that you won't get banned (albeit temporarily) for being an asshole like Austin has stated in the rules for the forums.

I understand that a lot of the liveliness of this game comes from the arguments. Sometimes, good things come out of them; sometimes (and more often than not), people just get pissed off.

It's been said many times that people leave because of flamewars. Yeah, that's probably true.

So that leaves a bit of a dilemma. Flamewars keep the game alive but at the same time it kills the game. Where, then, can the line be drawn between when to lock/ban and when to not lock/ban? It's tough. Right now as I write this I'm having a tough time trying to define it. In fact, I don't think I can.

I'd like to say "argue all you like but don't degenerate into flat-out trolls" but that wouldn't really help. If I said "don't argue at all" that would defeat the purpose of this forum.

I guess my personal criteria (which can be changed if enough opinion says it should) is this: when an argument starts, I'll move it to Trash Talk. It may go on, and as is usually the case, it might start getting dirty and pointless. Then, it'll get locked it because it's worthless. But remember; I don't have the final word - you do. If enough people tell me I'm doing a terrible job I'll change. I don't really like being in a position of power, especially here, where every move I make is criticized harshly and everything I do is more than likely to be seen as a power grab, but that's how it goes.

So this is what I've established. Please don't get too mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:38 pm 

gosh your doing a terrible job! j/k :)

-kit