HOVERRACE.COM: fast - fun - free

HoverRace is an open-source 3D racing game.
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:00 pm 
Long story short, I'm not sorry for replying to others' attacks, but I am sorry if I offended anyone who didn't mean any offence to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:53 am 

I know you've apologised (not sure if it included me or not) but this is too funny not to respond to..

Vigilante wrote:
Phil... You, I have no respect for. You don't do shit, you haven't ever done shit, and all you say is shit.
STFU about my only showing my face when there is controversy... You haven't been around the Forums for HOW LONG, and I have, while there wasn't any controversy? Take a look in the mirror, bitch.

Also, forget that I was a monitor at one point? A tourney-admin at another? And, how I hosted what should've been a sister-site for HoverRace? Also, how I hosted a fucking room for just under a year?
You're idea to input Skelator just shows:
1. Your bias.
2. Your stupidity...

I'll agree with you on Lars, and Igglybob, but why the fuck is having a Website so important?

I really agree with you about Danny...

Oh, and Phil: A lot of what you're talking is a bunch of bullshit, but at least not all of it is.

I also think this isn't a time for arguing, but people should be allowed to make comments, and request changes, especially when no one was actually consulted.

1. I've been a monitor in pretty much every IMR that's been set up (including groskksoft) bar the current one.. So what?
2. I hosted hoverecords.8m.com with Elite, I used to help out at Hoverrace.com and was going to set up records on HoverZone.com (my all time fav hr site) before it shut down... So what?
3. I've run numerous tourneys throughout the years.. So what?
4. I've lead #EuRo# and Øwnage (both successful teams).. So what?
5. FYI I've studied C & C++ in college and am teaching myself C# in my spare time.. So what?

Honestly.. stop being so petty and childish about this, you obviously have no idea who I am or what I've done so I'd appreciate you not passing judgement on me :)

Back on topic, you not wanting Austin being a part of this shows your bias and stupidity. You obviously know little of the Skelator of old and how much knowledge he actually posesses if he only knew how to channel it constuctively and issues between him and certain members of the community were mended :)

Oh and a quick Q.. is your ||Steeky|| tag a joke? You do realise that was Skelator's creation :D

-Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:58 am 
Source Developer

Do you pronounce C# "C sharp" or "C plus plus plus plus"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:05 am 

It's C Sharp.. A funny story though, when I rang the bookstore to get their price I called the book Visual C 'Sharp' .NET. The girl at the end of the phone said "Sorry we don't seem to have that in stock but we do have C 'Hash', is that what you're looking for?"

Aww.. bless her ignorance :wink:
Turns out I saved almost €30 purchasing on Amazon Merchant site.

-Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:19 am 
Source Developer

Yeah, I was just making a joke. The # could be interpreted as four +'s. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:29 am 

I say C Hash, but from now on I'm gonna say C + + + +, lol :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:32 am 
Source Developer

I've heard C Pound too. Generally by people who have no idea what it actually is. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:07 pm 
Erm... I know plenty about the Skelator of old, and you can ask him about that (Team Hack'em, and NSDUP anyone?)... However, I also know what he's (sometimes) been like lately...

As for the quick Question:
My ||Steeky|| tag isn't a joke... I was/am Deputy Leader of Team Steeky, which was (obviously) create/founded by Skelator, but I'm pretty sure he's resigned. However, you can still find the Website here:
http://steeky.com/steeky/

I'm pretty sure it's C Sharp... I'm prolly wrong, though... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:05 pm 
Source Developer

It's pronounced C Sharp, but it's just so much cooler to say other things to confuse people. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:53 pm 

i'm another person who knew about what was going on to a degree before it was brought up, but all you have to do is ask if you really want to know whats going on with anything. i really do appreate the leaders that hr already has because they like many others have helped hr become better and a much more friendly place. i think this place is filled with many opprotunities, but anyones' current actions along with the relationships they have with others do effect their future. i think that is something very important to consider.

-kit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:41 pm 

holy crap thats alot of bickering!

I think it all needs to stop (i never read half of the last page and any of this so if it has stopped alredy, good job!).

I don't feel anyone should be attacking Vigilante here, step back and listen to what he is actually saying, he can be smart sometimes.

I have no problem with the 3 people in the group, and i have full confidence with them. Lars is an awsome programmer and knows hoverrace quite a bit, i remember when i made up HoverBowl he made a program where i could joing the race but not with hoverrace, and monitor who got hit and the chat, that was awsome! Iggly seems to be verry proactive and did take inititive, he should be on a pedistal, and Austin seems to be a natural leader in the hoverrace community, even if it is because he runs hoverrace.com and has been planning and planning and doing stuff with it for a long time.
However, it just seems you might out on other peoples opinions and insight by what i am hearing, but at the same thats the way it has to work, atleast at first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:16 pm 
Castro, I couldn't agree with you more... (Now, at least)...

I'd like to apologize for the bickering, because a lot of it was unneeded.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4