HOVERRACE.COM: fast - fun - free

HoverRace is an open-source 3D racing game.
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What's a good team name for my new team?
GreenBush 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
DreamTeam 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Enemies Of the World 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Team Canada 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Canadian Racing Force 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Team Steeky 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Team Stinky 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Team HardCore 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Other? (suggestion) 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:03 pm 
Offline
Source Developer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:15 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Atlanta, GA
Don't think Phil and BaP aren't here. I know that at the least Phil hovers around here silently. And I'm pretty sure BaP does too.

And your phrase "malicious posting attitude" really makes me laugh. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

_________________
<www.igglybob.com>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:29 pm 
Igglybob wrote:
Don't think Phil and BaP aren't here. I know that at the least Phil hovers around here silently. And I'm pretty sure BaP does too.

And your phrase "malicious posting attitude" really makes me laugh. Just thought I'd let you know. :)


They may be lurkers, but they aren't active. That's the point I was trying to make.

Also, I know that my saying that is semi-hypocritical, but at least I'm trying, and I don't go attacking people out of nowhere.

The important thing to do now is to keep personal disagreements out of the Forums. Go ahead and private messasge me whatever the <explitive deleted> you want, or even e-mail me, or get me on the phone, or a messenger... WHATEVER! Just keep it off the Forums, please...

I think it'd be best to leave HoverRace as a semi-controversial game without flaming. I'll be the first to say that the most flaming you'll be seeing from me will be as minor as possible, and if I post something that's really bad, and someone points it out to me before anyone replies, I'll either edit, or delete it to be less so...


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:25 pm
Posts: 175
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Vigilante wrote:
Igglybob wrote:
Don't think Phil and BaP aren't here. I know that at the least Phil hovers around here silently. And I'm pretty sure BaP does too.

And your phrase "malicious posting attitude" really makes me laugh. Just thought I'd let you know. :)


They may be lurkers, but they aren't active. That's the point I was trying to make.

Also, I know that my saying that is semi-hypocritical, but at least I'm trying, and I don't go attacking people out of nowhere.

The important thing to do now is to keep personal disagreements out of the Forums. Go ahead and private messasge me whatever the <explitive deleted> you want, or even e-mail me, or get me on the phone, or a messenger... WHATEVER! Just keep it off the Forums, please...

I think it'd be best to leave HoverRace as a semi-controversial game without flaming. I'll be the first to say that the most flaming you'll be seeing from me will be as minor as possible, and if I post something that's really bad, and someone points it out to me before anyone replies, I'll either edit, or delete it to be less so...


Somebody wrote:
The


**blinks** **laughs**

Although I agree 100% on that argument you gave Vigilante, I believe I am going to disagree. You see, unlike you, I am not a hypocrite and I do use my CPU machine to go on the interweb and submit posts showing my stupidity, like you just did, with horrible usage of commas.

As a matter of fact, I am going to agree with someone who only shows a fraction of a damn about me on something that happened 2 months ago on page 2 of this thread. You see, Vigilante, community isn't about yourself. Community is about me, because I made a shitty website about HoverRace a year ago with someone. Did you make a shitty website about HoverRace a while ago? Maybe, but you weren't mature about it like I was. You see, I am mature, Vigilante, and, you, aren't mature, like I am, **blinks** **laughs**.

Here's proof

Vigilante wrote:
is


Need I explain more? :-)

Maybe you should shut the <<explicative>> (sorry if I offend any one) up, Vigilante and learn about community.

Although I know I haven't done shit and have no reason to participate, I have done things and have a reason to participate, unlike you Vigilante. You see, I try and step in and organize. Even though that's done by itself, by people who matter, I still do it.

And that's why, Austin, if you are reading this, and you are still my friend, because I am going to make that assumption that you are my friend even though you've hated my guts every fucking day for the last 2 years since I've been banned, you should let me have the source code.

I just want to make it clear, because some people like Phil are going to try and manipulate this in the future: I HAVE NO DESIRE FOR THE SOURCE CODE. I just simply want to have source code and make improvements to the game. Also, I haven't talked to anyone about this, but I did talk to everyone, and they think, Austin, I hope you are listening, that the official website should be FaggotPlanet.com. Infact, I think the banners below the Internet Meeting Room Interweb Chat Command Console should just show my fucking ugly mutilated face 24/7. The purpose of this is to draw people to FaggotPlanet.com, a real and MATURE, community, not to have people see how conceited I am about myself.

As a matter of fact, Virginante, I don't talk about myself at all. I don't start every other sentence with "I" and then throw my two cents in to every subject. I am mature, that's why, and you aren't.

Which is another reason that I am going to become a self-proclaimed administrator on HoverRace Internet Meeting Room Interweb Chat Congregation Center Rooms now. I think there needs to be someone mature, and I am the most mature person that I can think of, other than myself that is :-), who is also very mature.

patch131 wrote:
and


How can you say that patch131? I am rather disappointed in what you have said. I would have expected you to become more mature by now. It's good to see you have matured a little bit since a year ago, but you still aren't mature. Mature, you need to be. I am mature. Mature, mature. Mature. Community, Mature, Source code, FaggotPlannet, the, it, *blinks*.

I hope that put you in your place Vigilante. I hope throwing challenging statements based with no logic and only egotistical believes, will show you that you don't know anything about community. Until you grow up, you should log off your interweb and put your CPU machine to hibernate while you <expliciative> off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:03 am
Posts: 183
ok, im now really confused bout all this....
anyhoo - i took a test thing many many years ago (like primary school) and the result was "disgraphic (but not too seriously)"
im told this should give me a better understanding of 3d space (though, i can say it dont help me tell my left form right too much!)
so, my handwriting sucks (no prob, i have a keyboard!) and i often miss mistakes in my own and others writing, espeacly if not looking for them
missing mistakes, im more happy with than annyed for sure - reading badly written posts on forums is nice n easy!
many people have had a good laugh at me for reading "day have dyslexic a" as "have a dyslexic day", and even on inspection not noticing the prob for a good 20 seconds (it was on some "have a day" poster, kinda cool)
basicly, not really much of a negative or positive effect atall, but also a good excuse to avoid handwriting(which i really dont like)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:46 pm 
BaPinney... That post was completely useless, as it doesn't reflect me at all. Nice try, though.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:42 pm
Posts: 256
Location: WA, USA
Austin wrote:
I agree Kitty, it may only be a game Castro, but there's a history to the name, and it deserves respect and shouldn't be used by a new team without some form of approval.

Well said Kitty.


i completly understand what your are saying....but thats kinda where i have a problem.
If the founder of the team quit the team and hoverrace... is it still their property? Who do you ask approval to when none of the former members play the game anymore?

_________________
^i posted that
Check out my website


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:20 pm 
Castro wrote:
Austin wrote:
I agree Kitty, it may only be a game Castro, but there's a history to the name, and it deserves respect and shouldn't be used by a new team without some form of approval.

Well said Kitty.


i completly understand what your are saying....but thats kinda where i have a problem.
If the founder of the team quit the team and hoverrace... is it still their property? Who do you ask approval to when none of the former members play the game anymore?


That's the point I was trying to make in my post, Castro.

However, seeing as how I'm not going to use that name, this whole argument is null.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:33 pm 
Offline
Source Developer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:15 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Atlanta, GA
Vigilante wrote:
However, seeing as how I'm not going to use that name, this whole argument is null.


Screw that! Let's keep arguing!

Everyone is a filthy bag of rat garbage! Whatever that means!

_________________
<www.igglybob.com>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:06 pm
Posts: 548
Location: the Netherlands
Igglybob wrote:
Vigilante wrote:
However, seeing as how I'm not going to use that name, this whole argument is null.


Screw that! Let's keep arguing!

Everyone is a filthy bag of rat garbage! Whatever that means!


How dare you! Rat garbage is not filthy, rats are very clean with their garbage :/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:15 pm
Posts: 42
You do make me laugh BaP :lol:

Vigilante wrote:
They may be lurkers, but they aren't active. That's the point I was trying to make.

Also, I know that my saying that is semi-hypocritical, but at least I'm trying, and I don't go attacking people out of nowhere.

The important thing to do now is to keep personal disagreements out of the Forums. Go ahead and private messasge me whatever the <explitive deleted> you want, or even e-mail me, or get me on the phone, or a messenger... WHATEVER! Just keep it off the Forums, please...

I think it'd be best to leave HoverRace as a semi-controversial game without flaming. I'll be the first to say that the most flaming you'll be seeing from me will be as minor as possible, and if I post something that's really bad, and someone points it out to me before anyone replies, I'll either edit, or delete it to be less so...


You too ViG!
If you believe that posting on this message board every day wanting to talk about "what team I should make" or "lets talk about dyslexia" is being active then I'm glad I don't fall in to your criteria.
In case you missed the headline Vig this game is called HoverRace - not HoverMessageBoardGame :wink:

Back on topic, you asked for people's opinions on the team names you provided. I gave my opinion on your suggestion to use Dream Team. You obviously disagreed with what I had to say and felt I was "Flaming you", well if you post asking for opinions on a public board learn to suck it up if someone disagrees with you.

Castro wrote:
If the founder of the team quit the team and hoverrace... is it still their property? Who do you ask approval to when none of the former members play the game anymore?


Castro it is not a matter of property. You can create Øwnage if you so wish (for the record I wouldn't be impressed) and there is nothing I can do about it - it's not my property. This is a matter of respect towards previous players of this game. If you lack common courtesy and respect then you really dont deserve to run a team in the first place.


-Phil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:39 am 
Phil, these are Forums, and what I meant by active, was actually playing the game, not using the Forums, but at least I'm active when it comes to both...

For the majority of the rest of what you said: You're wrong, plain and simple.

I'd have more to say, but I'm at work.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:03 pm 
rofl do u people ever give up arguing?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: S
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:04 pm 
above


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:09 am
Posts: 391
it's not always best to say someone's wrong and give no reason

anyway skel your right, this topic should be locked or something to that effect :\

_________________
i'm just your typical model citizin running for war lord ;)

-kit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:30 pm 
Offline
Source Developer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:15 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Atlanta, GA
"Out of hand" is not quite as powerful a statement as I'd like to make, but by HoverRace standards this is but a petty quibble. Hehe...

_________________
<www.igglybob.com>


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group